22 Student-Athletes were names Academic All-American for the 2017-2018 school year. SMC athletes has had a total of 45 in the past two years!
Academic All-American Nomination Criteria
- Must have completed 2 full-time semesters or 3 full-time quarters of college work.
- Must have participated in at least one season at the varsity level at the college from which he/she is nominated.
- Minimum of 24 semester-hours or 36 quarter-hours completed in the current academic year.
- Minimum 3.6 grade-point average on a 4.00 scale
- NJCAA All-Academic First Team: 4.00 GPA on a 4.00 scale
- NJCAA All-Academic Second Team: 3.80 to 3.99 GPA on a 4.00 scale
- NJCAA All-Academic Third Team: 3.60 to 3.79 GPA on a 4.00 scale
Alyssa Pennington - Softball - Third Team
Andrew Johnson - Soccer - Third Team
Brooke Green - Volleyball - First Team
Caroline Altman - Soccer - Third Team
Chandler Thomas - Golf - First Team
Dalton Gossett - Basketball - Second Team
Donald Hansis - Baseball - Second Team
Emma Williams - Softball - Third Team
Gabrielle Davis - Volleyball - First Team
Grayson Crawford - Golf - Second Team
Jeffery Cotton - Baseball - Third Team
Jordan Scovel - Soccer - Third Team
Kabri Gardner - Half Marathon, Cross Country - Third Team
Keyotta Crocker-Garris - Basketball - Second Team
Kristen Gass - Softball - Third Team
Parker Malone - Soccer - Second Team
Robert Phillips - Soccer - Second Team
Stephanie Quirola - Soccer - First Team
Sydney Hilburn - Soccer - Second Team
Sydney Varn - Soccer - Second Team
Tyrik Jones - Baseball - Second team
Ward Betts - Baseball - Third Team